At James Brown Air Conditioning and Heating, we think that every home needs an air cleaner. Why?
Americans spend up to 90 percent of their time indoors. Unfortunately, pollution levels indoors can be from five to one hundred percent more polluted than they are outside. Pollutants include tobacco smoke, dust mites, pet dander, pollen, dust, and mold.
When you are exposed to indoor pollutants for an extended time, your health is affected. Sickness can be short-term or long-term, and sometimes symptoms can be severe or even fatal. It is amazing to think of how much can be prevented with a simple air cleaner.
If you are still doubtful that you need an air cleaner, watch for signs that your home or building has become an unhealthy environment. There are five main strategies:
- Monitor your health after a change in your surroundings
- If you get new health problems after remodeling, moving, refurbishing, or having a pesticide application, you may have an indoor air quality problem. Make an appointment with your family physician first.
- Look for potential sources of pollution.
- These include cleaning products, pets, combustible heaters, pressed-wood products, and tobacco smoke.
- Identify parts of your home with bad ventilation.
- Signs include stuffiness, smelly air, mold growth, and condensation on walls and windows.
- Get an allergy test kit.
- These kits can help you identify contamination by mold, dust, radon gas, allergens, fiberglass, and organic vapors.
- Call us to get a professional test and advice.
- We are committed to making your home a healthy place. We have professional equipment and experience when it comes to air quality.
Get true peace of mind with James Brown Air Conditioning and Heating. Call today!