“Going green” has been a trend for a while for a reason: it is worth it. At James Brown Heating and Air Conditioning, we see the value of energy-efficient systems better than most. Your HVAC system usually runs 24/7 all year, so it is a constant drain on your resources. Improving its efficiency is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, your bank account, and your environment.
In our last blog, we discussed two technologies that are making HVAC systems more efficient. We have great news: there’s more! In this blog, we will share two more technologies working to save you money and preserve the environment.
- Air conditioner powered by ice
- This one makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? This system was created by a company in California, and it freezes 450 gallons of water during the night and uses it for cooling during the day.
- The system can provide up to six hours of cooling. Once the ice melts, you will need to switch back to a conventional HVAC system. We think this system has massive potential!
- Geothermal heat
- You have probably heard of geothermal heating before – it’s been around since the 1940s!
- This system has a pipe loop that carries fluid down into the warmth of the Earth and sends it back up to your home.
- The system can use the same principle to cool your home in warm months.
When it comes HVAC installation, repair, and inspection in Charlotte, there is no better company than James Brown Heating and Air Conditioning. Contact us today to learn more about the excellent services we offer. We are eager to serve you!