Welcome back to our blog! In the past two entries, we explored several myths about HVAC systems. These are some of the hardest working systems in our homes, and they serve a crucial purpose: keeping us comfortable and healthy in hot and cold weather. That is why it is so important to understand them and what they need. We conclude our myths series with these last three myths!
- MYTH: Service agreements are a waste of money.
- Many people underestimate the power of preventative maintenance. Paying for this service from a dependable HVAC company is worth it. You will get to avoid inconvenience, frustration, and high costs for emergency parts and labor. You also avoid system replacement. Again, it is worth it.
- MYTH: Routine maintenance is not required.
- Your HVAC system is like your car – it needs routine maintenance! It may not show obvious signs of needing repair, but little problems do come up, and they can turn into big problems if not tended to. This will shorten the lifespan of your system and cost you more money. Go ahead and explore preventative maintenance contracts that will work for you.
- MYTH: Turning on your A/C for short amounts of time will save you money.
- Your HVAC system uses the greatest amounts of energy in the first 3-5 minutes it runs, and then the energy level goes down from there. Turning it on and off will waste energy, so let it run for about an hour at a time.
Contact us today – James Brown Air Conditioning and Heating is here to serve you and your family with the best HVAC installation and service in North Carolina!