When you need to hire a HVAC contractor, it can be overwhelming. You likely have many companies ready to do the job, so how do you find the best one?
At James Brown Air Conditioning and Heating, we are committed to being the ultimate HVAC solution for the Charlotte area. In the next few blogs, we will give you some insider tips on what to ask when exploring a prospective contractor. We want to empower you to find the best contractor in your area.
- Do you carry general liability and workers compensation insurance? May I see the current certifications?
- If a contractor cannot produce certifications, send them packing. If you hire them, you will be liable for anything that goes wrong during your service, something you cannot control and should not have to shoulder.
- Do your service technicians have carbon monoxide analyzers?
- Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that can be produced by malfunctioning heating equipment. It is odorless and colorless, so unless the technicians have analyzers, you do not want them working on your HVAC system.
- How long have you been in business under the same name?
- While you should use your best judgement, contractors that have been in business for at least 5 years are generally a safer choice.
- Can your company provide satisfied customers?
- Managing customers after work is done takes extra organization. A company that can do this is a good option for you!
Remember that a good contractor will have no problem answering all of these questions. Because your HVAC system is so crucial to your home, it is worth it to take the time to learn all you can. Contact us for HVAC repair in North Carolina!