This month in the James Brown Heating and Air Conditioning blog, we are featuring troubleshooting topics. If your unit is leaking water, you need to read our last two blogs. In these next two blogs, we will focus on one of the worst things an air conditioning unit can do: stop blowing cold air.
If your air conditioner stops blowing cold air, you need to give us a call. We will likely ask you a few questions to get a starting point.
- Is there air coming out of your vents, but it’s not cold?
- If no air is coming out of your vents at all, skip to our next blog.
- Check the air filter.
- When the filter gets clogged and dirty, air cannot get to the handler to be cooled in the first place. We have the know-how to get the correct new filter in your unit.
- Check your thermostat
- If your thermostat is set to “on,” the system will constantly blow air whether it’s being cooled or not. Make sure your thermostat is set to “auto.”
- How is the AC unit itself doing?
- Your unit may be smothered by bushes or trees, which will need to be cut back. It may simply be dirty and need to be cleaned. Or the fan may have stopped working. Give us a call!
At James Brown Heating and Air Conditioning, we have seen and fixed it all. Let us bring our 20+ years of experience to your home. Call today for premier air conditioning service in North Carolina!