If your air conditioning unit is not working, it can make life difficult. This is especially true now, during one of North Carolina’s warmer winters. Luckily, we at James Brown Heating and Air Conditioning have over 20 years of experience with HVAC systems. We are here to help!
In our last blog, we discussed what could be going on if your unit is blowing warm air. In this blog, we are exploring the situation in which your unit is not blowing air at all. Make sure you give us a call and check the following things:
- The thermostat temperature
- If your thermostat is not set at least five degrees below your room temperature, your air conditioner will not make a difference.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set on “Cool”
- This can be a facepalm moment – sometimes, family members accidentally (or deliberately) change the thermostat to “Off” or “Heat.” It’s just a good thing to check!
- Is electricity getting to your air conditioner?
- Your unit will have service switches by the compressor on the outside unit, at the air handler for the inside unit, or the fuses/circuit breakers in the electrical panel. If any of these switches are set to “Off,” your unit may have a problem.
- Your unit will automatically shut down to prevent water damage to your home. If it is overheating, it may try to pull in enough electricity that your circuit breaker cuts its power.
As you can see from this list, air conditioners have many possible issues. Your best bet is to give us a call. When it comes to air conditioning repair, there’s nobody better. We also sell air cleaners to Charlotte and beyond. Keep your home comfortable and healthy with our service and products!